Monday, July 14, 2014

happy things

My memory has gone on vacation since school has been out (at least this is the story I am sticking with) and I keep forgetting to post my weekly "happy things" post.

Week 6: Reading.
 I have been trying to use my time over this summer wisely and catch up on my reading. I've always loved books, but over the past couple of years I've reconnected with how much I love reading. It is one of my favorite hobbies, and while it may make me sound dorky, I don't care- it makes me happy!!


Week 7: My family.
 Even though not all of my family is pictured here, I think it's pretty much the most of us I've gotten at one time. We've had our ups and downs like any family, but we still love each other. I only wish we all lived closer- I miss them so incredibly much.



Week 8: Baby time
 (above: brothers Keagan and Brantley;
below: baby Mason)
 I definitely don't want a baby of my own anytime soon, but I do absolutely love that two of my good friends had babies this summer. I only wish I had more time with these cuties!!



Week 9: Freedom.
 With Independence Day being this week, it has made me think a lot about being free. I am eternally grateful to live in a country where I am free, a time where I am free to be a woman without shame, and free to make my own decisions.



Week 10: Small get-aways.
 Friday some good friends and I went down to St. Augustine (which is one of my favorite cities of all time). We had some drinks, lots of laughs, and even went on a haunted pub tour. Sometimes it's just nice to get away from the everyday life and do something different, especially when it's with friends. Gesh, I feel cheesy right about now, but I honestly do value those kinds of moments.

xoxoxoxox, kel

1 comment:

  1. I see some James Patterson books there - excellent choice! I love JP! :)

    ReplyDelete