Saturday, November 2, 2019

a Florida girl in Atlanta

A couple of times a year, my mother-in-law/boss, sister-in-law, and I head up to Atlanta for Market. If you’ve never heard of Market/America’s Mart, it’s amazing! It’s a place clothing stores/boutiques  and gift stores (both large and small) find vendors and merchandise. It’s also a great place to connect with other store owners and see the latest trends. It’s one of my favorite things about working at Ashes!
Each time we go I feel like we’ve perfected our trip a little more. And while this last time we flew instead of drove (therefore we didn’t have a car to drive around town with) we didn’t necessarily need one.

I’ve really come to love this city, especially since my uncle and grandfather both lived here (and since they both passed away before I was born this is a link to them I wouldn’t have otherwise had).

So some of my favorite places in Atlanta (and please share the ones you love, because I love recommendations)!!

Tipple and Rose Apothecary and Tea Room.
We obviously love tea rooms, but since we are really one of the few left in Jax we rarely get to enjoy going to High Tea ourselves. And sometimes its nice to be able to sit an relax while drinking a cuppa. This place was fantastic. The atmosphere is unique, the food terrific and the icing on the cake was that it is woman run!!!

The Hub.
This last visit to Atlanta was the first time I have encountered The Hub and I'm super sad about that. It has so many ethnic foods all in one spot. Everything looked amazing. Plus it was super convenient being across the street from Market.

Varsity.
I actually ate at The Varsity before my Market trips. On mine and Austin's first anniversary trip we stopped here on our way to Chattanooga. Apparently my grandfather use to frequent this burger joint!

White Oak Kitchen.
One night during our stay we try to do a nice dinner where we can sit down and enjoy the city. On one of our trips we stopped at White Oak Kitchen. So, so, so good!


And of course, some photos from Market..... enjoy!

Why yes this is from a new vendor we found. And yes we are getting some of these in!!!!


A little bored waiting to leave for the airport...... and also loving my new earrings. 



We met Emiliee from My Girl in LA and we loved her and the company!! So excited about working more with them!

When the decor is this cute, you can't not play with it!





Why yes the shirt I'm wearing will be coming into the store. 

One of my favorite sites (inside Market). I just love this place. 




After waking up at 3 to be at the airport by 4:30 only to have our flight delayed by 6 hours..... coffee was needed. However the flight was so short we didn't even get a chance to finish our cup. Major booooooo. 


Well, that's a wrap on this trip. Until next time..
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment