Sunday, May 22, 2016

first communion photoshoot

Another (and last post) about the church photography job I was lucky enough to be a part of.

This time, I took pictures of 40 plus kids' first communion. This was one of my all time favorite photography gigs. For starters, I love taking photos of kids. They wear their emotions and they are just so darn adorable (especially all dressed up). The other reason this was such an honor, was because it was a monumental occasion. 
I remember when I took my first communion. 
Each one since has obviously meant a great deal to me, but nothing beats the first time you make that promise. 
That commitment.
 That statement of love and acceptance of putting God first. 
They each decorated their own candles for the occasion too, which I absolutely loved. 
Then there was their singing performance. Oh my gosh, adorable! 
Thanks again Holy Spirit for letting me take photos of your children's special day!!
-kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment