Tuesday, December 3, 2019

2009 vs 2019

Even though I posted side by side decade photo on Facebook, I felt like it didn’t do the whole thing justice. And of course the longer I thought about it the more I lingered on how much has changed the past 10 years and how extremely grateful I am for where I’ve been and where I am now. 

Ten years ago I was still in college, I had just dyed my hair brown (man I miss it), lived with my best friend Leigh, had frequent weekend trips with my other bestie, Kim, was in a dead end relationship that neither of us could bring ourselves to end, was incredibly skinny thanks to IBS and body image issues, and I wasn’t really happy.  Don't get me wrong, I had happy times and being with my amazing friends was my saving grace ( I seriously miss them too- growing up and moving away from each other is hard), but overall I didn’t know who I was or what I wanted. Oh the twenties. 
Leigh, her momma Jane, and I (2009)

Kim and I (2009)



2019 has found me working at my mother in laws tea room/boutique, I’m back to my natural blonde hair, I'm still incredibly lucky to still be friends with Leigh and Kim (even though I don’t get to see them nearly enough), I live in the same place, am happily married, have two precious pups, love myself, and have learned how to better handle having IBS. I've also made some incredible friends through the decade that I cherish. My thirties have been amazing! 



Kim and I (2019)

(Need one of Leigh..... I hate living so far friend).



Until the next decade....
xo, kel 





No comments:

Post a Comment