Monday, June 20, 2016

a disciple// day 2: we are one in the spirit


Last week I started going to Bible Study class at Austin's church with his family. I absolutely love it. It's exactly what my heart was yearning for.
So we read and discussed part of Philippians 2 and as always, I felt a pull on my heart strings.

In the wake of all that has happened this past week (especially in my state (Florida)--  in Orlando) I feel that this is what we need to keep remembering and telling ourselves... Love wins. Choose love. 
As Dr. Martin Luther King  Jr. once said, "Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that".

Jesus was the ultimate example of love. He humbled himself, born a man and became a servant, living a fully obedient life to God, even when that caused his death (Philippians 2: 8). A death that was for each one of us. He showed the ultimate love.

Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose. (Philippians 2:2)

Choosing love isn't always the easiest thing, but look at how hate has effected us. 

This song also kept coming to mind.....
If we are all after doing what's right and loving and following Jesus, we are all in one spirit. 




No comments:

Post a Comment