Friday, May 1, 2020

Living in the time of COVID-19

Our lives are definitely different right now. And even in this uncertainty, it's almost therapeutic knowing that we are all in it together. Not that I for any reason like that so many people are suffering right now, but at least we all know what this is like and can be there for one another.

Unity and Community.

Another uplifting quote I keep hearing and trying to live by is "Faith over fear". Because that's what this pandemic is trying to do to us- cause fear. Because the enemy knows that "Fear eats faith" as my pastor put it in one of his current sermons.  I think it's so easy to look around us right now and keep tally of all the awful things being shoved in our faces. Because it is all around us.


It's terrifying if I let myself dwell on all of it. On the fact that I don't know when I'll be paid again. That Austin's night job has stopped paying it's workers. That I had to stop seeing my mom and step-dad for over a month. That my best friend's wedding has been postponed...twice.

So instead, I'm trying to have faith. To rely on God and His provision. To find joy even when times are tough. Because even if this continues, for however long it continues, our God is a God that is going through it with us.  He is also a God that takes terrible, awful, crappy things and makes something good from it.

And sometimes it's really freaking hard. This week has been one of those where I haven't wanted to do much more than cuddle up on the sofa or in bed and cry. Don't get me wrong- this faith of mine, this God of mine is still very present. But for some reason this week it's been more of a struggle to believe things will be back to normal, or even okay. And I think it's okay to feel that way -- as long as we don't dwell in it, because that's where it becomes isolating and overwhelming. And that's what I'm working on this week- not to dwell. Austin has been amazing in trying to get me outside and doing things to get my mind off of the terrifying reality that is. But I've also realized it's something only I can myself to do.

So have faith friend, if you are feeling crappy right now- you are not alone. I am not alone. And whatever comes of this- whatever our new "normal" becomes, God will be with us through it all. One thing I keep reminding myself, even in my lowest of lows, is that even if I'm in the pit, He is there with me. And it's reassuring to know that even if I'm in the midst of awful- I am not alone in it. I never have been and I never will be. And that is what has gotten me through each day.

<3 kel

1 comment:

  1. Let's meet up again ! Mike goes back to working in the office Monday!

    ReplyDelete