Thursday, May 17, 2018

31

May 5th, also known in my household (and to anyone that knows me) Cinco de Kellie was also Cinco de Derby this year as well. 
Last year I went all out for my 30th, but this year was exactly the opposite. I wanted low key and personal. (Plus I'm one of those people that LOVE my birthday, so the more days I can celebrate, the better). I'm also one of those people that as soon as it strikes midnight I scream "It's my birthday!!" (I may also be channeling my inner Lilly from How I Met Your Mother......)

 My kiddos (and parents) spoiled me this year. It was a great start to my day!

 Austin and I both had to work on my actual birthday, so we weren't able to actually celebrate on Saturday. But Friday night we went out together for a date night, just us. We had Middle Eastern food followed by macaroons at a French place for dessert. Talk about amazing. 

 Saturday Morning before I had to head off to work though, my amazing hubby made me breakfast in bed (the pups were just a tad jealous).

My actual birthday night I went to dinner with some close and amazing friends and my parents. Since we couldn't go out with Austin, we went to his work for dessert. (And maybe also for the AMAZING bread pudding!) 
Sunday after church we went to lunch with the in-laws to celebrate and got to try out this new Southern Bistro. 

All in all, 31 started off amazingly. Hopefully the rest of the year will follow suit!!!
-kel

No comments:

Post a Comment