Saturday, February 3, 2018

Aubre

Last week my family pup, Aubre passed away. If you're anything thing like us, then you know how a pet can quickly become a valued member of the family. In fact my mom and step dad often referred to her as "my sister", although it was mostly because they knew I detested being called that. 
Little Aubre was a surprise find one Thanksgiving weekend. My friend Michael and I stumbled upon her and instantly fell in love. he nudged me to tell my mom and before we knew it, we were making pro and con lists for if we should get her. Of course, in the end we ended up tossing the list and going with our gut (which was to get her...duh, right). I remember our long drive home with her from Pensacola to Coral Springs (12 hours by the way). She was such a good pup. 

When I got to college, she lived with my mom (and then step dad) while I had my own place (including the dorms). She and I had an unbreakable bond though. She got excited every time she heard my name called and I loved trying to dogsit on weekends. 

The last year or so her health started failing, and being just short of 16 we knew her time was coming soon. However, when a loved one actually passes, it's never easy. not even when it's expected. Not even when it's "just a dog". 

She wasn't always the easiest dog, nor was she the most well behaved. But we loved her in spite of it. Especially my parents. She was my step dad's buddy, my mom's cuddle bud. 
We'll miss you little Aubs. And we'll love you forever. 

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I am sorry to hear of your loss. We lost two fur-babies this year & it's hard. They really are apart of the family. Sending you hugs...

    ReplyDelete