Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father's Day

There have been times when Father's Day has been one of the hardest days of the year to get through.
When you no longer have your dad around, especially after having been so close, it can be a painful time. 

A fellow blogger that writes for The Grace Scripts (a blog I've also been writing for recently) summed it up so perfectly on their instagram feed. There is grief and joy in these days. And in more recent years, I've finally been able to see the joy.  

While I still miss my dad and think of him often, I also am to the point where I can see the joy in things as well.  I also have the incredible fortune of having three amazing dads in my life. My dad, my step-dad, and my father-in-law. Each have had an incredible impact on my life and taught me so much. 

So on this day, where we celebrate all the father figures in our lives and what they've added to our lives, I have three men in particular to be thankful for. 

Thank you Dad, Joe, and Ronnie for helping me understand more of what love looks like and how to be a better person. 

love always, 
kel

No comments:

Post a Comment