Saturday, October 7, 2017

song #17// Where Is The Love?

So 14 years later and I still feel like this song is so accurate, which also makes me a bit sad. 

Let's be real y'all. This world is insane and sometimes I feel like it's only getting worse. 

When this song came on in my car today, I turned it way up and started belting the words (glad you weren't there, I know). But seriously, where is the love? I don't understand hate. Anger, yes. But hate? Especially for races or people you've never met? Why hold on to that? Love is so much more freeing and sometimes I don't understand why people can't just try. 

One of my favorite quotes is from MLK, Jr. "Hate doesn't drive out hate, only love can do that". 

I don't know about you, but I'm going to keep trying to find the positive in everything, to hug my loved ones a little harder and longer, and love more. 
xo, kel

No comments:

Post a Comment